This Automotive Belts market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Belts market.
Automotive Belts are power transmission belts that provide a connective link between two parallel rotating shafts, these shafts are fixed with pulleys upon which the belt is looped. Hence, power transmission occurs by friction from the driving shaft to the driven shaft smoothly through these belts. Automotive belts are also utilized as timing belts to synchronize the functions of engine valves via a camshaft. Automotive belts used in vehicles are designed as endless belts and are commonly manufactured from materials such as neoprene, chloroprene, and ethylene propylene diene monomer rubber (EPDM rubber). The inner surface and the cross sectional area of the automotive belt differs according to the function the belt needs to perform. Automotive functions such as air-conditioning, power steering function, water pump function and drive alternator are performed by the V-belt while valve timings through the camshaft is usually performed by the toothed belt. Serpentine belts are newer form of automotive belts where all the automotive functions, collectively known as engine accessories, are performed by the connections through a shaft and pulley system is done by a long single endless belt. This form of belt negates the usage of multiple V-belts in an automotive engine.
Automotive Belts Market Dynamics
The Production numbers of automobile worldwide is on a constant increase on a yearly basis as per the demands witnessed in many developing countries. This factor is the prime reason for fueling the growth of the automotive belts market. Automotive belts primarily function through friction between the pulley and the belt which is susceptible to wear and tear due to continuous usage leading to decreased performance, engine efficiency and slippage. This problem is usually rectified by the replacement of the belt prompting the growth of the automotive belt market in the aftermarket segment as well. The influence of the Environmental Protection Agency to reduce greenhouse gases emission and control of pollution has pushed the automotive vehicles manufacturers to produce highly efficient and less polluting engines that require very precise and long lasting automotive belt. This factor has also fueled the growth of automotive belts market as more and more vehicle manufacturers opt for belts that are efficient and environmental friendly.
Automotive Belts Market: Regional Outlook
The Global Automotive Belts market can be segmented into seven distinct geographical divisions such as North America, Latin America, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific Excl. Japan (APEJ), Japan, Middle East and Africa. Developing countries in Latin America and the Asia Pacific region such as Mexico, China and India witnessed the fastest growth of automobile production and sales which can further fuel the improvement of automotive belts market. In APEJ region China, South Korea, and India are the top automobile producing countries making them prominent market for automotive belts. In the North American region U.S. is anticipated to show high growth of automotive belts market owing to improved production of automobiles. Western Europe is exhibited to show a prominent growth of automotive production especially in countries such as Germany, Spain, France, U.K., and Italy hence enhancing the market for automotive belts in Western Europe. The increasing trend of reselling automobiles in the Middle East and Africa region has prompted an improvement in the demand for automotive belts, thereby improving the market in the aftermarket segment.
Automotive Belts Market: Key Players
Some of the major players identified in the Global Automotive Belts Market are
- Gates Corporation
- Midas International Corporation
- Mitsuboshi Belting Ltd. Group
- Helicord Transmissions Pvt. Ltd.
- B&B Manufacturing
- The Carlstar Group LLC
- Continental AG
- Bearings and Power Transmission Solutions
- CRP Industries Inc.
- BG Automotive
- Hutchinson Group
- Bando Chemical Industries Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Belts Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Automotive Belts Market: Segmentation
Automotive Belts Market can be segmented by vehicle type, sales channel and type.
By vehicle type, automotive belts can be segmented as:
- Passenger vehicles
- Light Commercial vehicles
- Heavy Commercial vehicles
By sales channel, it can be segmented as:
- Original Equipment Manufacturer
By type, it can be segmented as:
- Timing Belts
- Drive Belts
- Single V-Belt
- Multi-function V-Belt/Serpentine Belt
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Belts Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Belts Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Belts Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Belts Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.