This Konjac Flour market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Konjac Flour market.
Konjac flour can be defined as a Glucomannan Powder which is pure soluble fiber with no calories, no starch, no sugar, no fat and no protein which is wheat free and gluten free. Konjac flour is used as an ingredient as a thickening agent in food preparation and additives in food & beverage industry. Konjac flour is made from konjac plant roots, when konjac plants roots are matured, the roots are removed from the ground and peeled. Peeled roots are cut into pieces and dried by warm air, dried roots are then refined into a powder which separates the lighter components from the heavier flour, left glucomannan is used in noodles and other dishes. Konjac flour is an odorless, natural soluble fiber, which is found in the konjac plants.The food made from the corm of the konjac plant is widely known as konnyaku (yam cake) which is being cooked and consumed on daily basis in Japan. Research has found that konjac lowers down serum cholesterol levels and helps to delay the glucose absorption.
Konjac Flour Market Segmentation:
Konjac flour market can be segmented on the basis of applications, function, and by regions. Based on application, konjac flour is segmented into food & beverages, agriculture, medical & pharmaceutical industry. Konjac flour has gelling property which acts as a fat replacer in various types of processed foods. Konjac flour used as a thickener for smooth soups, gravies, bakery products, carbonated beverages, confectionery, desserts, noodles, yogurt, sauces, stews, glazes and casseroles. It is also used in cake fillings, puddings, pies and custard as a thickener. Konjac flour is odorless and is gluten-free, which is a perfect substitute in cooking and baking when flour and glutinous starches is to be avoided.
On the basis of function the market of konjac flour is segmented into gelling agent, thickener, film former, emulsifier and stabilizer. The market on the basis of use is led by gelling agent segment followed by emulsifier. On the basis of region Konjac flourmarket is segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, MEA and Japan.
Konjac Flour Market Trends and Market Drivers:
Konjac flour market is expected to witness sustained growth over the forecast period increasing demand for gelling, thickening and stabilizing agent is expected to grow the demand over the forecast period. Other factors attributable to the high growth includes rising health consciousness, increasing purchasing power, rise in per capita health expenditure. Konjac flour has special properties which provide various health benefits such as better immune system and better digestion. In addition, government bodies’ for example, FDA supports the use of konjac flour in numerous drugs and foods which is expected to push the growth of the market. Konjac flour is anticipated to witness relatively high share in the food & beverage segment. Pharmaceutical segment is also expected to expand at higher rate owing to the wide use of Konjac Flour in pharmaceutical segment for the treatment of constipation, weight loss and help in improving cholesterol level.
Regional Outlook of Konjac Flour Market:
On the basis of geographical market segment, it is segmented into seven different regions: North America, Latin America, and Eastern Europe, Western Europe, and Asia-Pacific region, Japan and Middle East and Africa. In regional segments, Asia-Pacific is expected to hold a relatively high share in terms of market value. China has the largest konjac flour markets in the Asia-Pacific region. Japan region is expected to witness relatively higher growth in the Konjac Flour market. People in japan havethe habit of consuming konjac foods on daily basis which is the key factor to drive the market in this region.
Konjac Flour Market Key Players:
Some of the key participating players in konjac flour market globally are Hubei Yizhi Konjac Biotechnology Co., Ltd, Zeroodle, Miracle Noodle, NAH Foods, Shanghai Brilliant Gum Co. Ltd and Henan Xin Industry Co. Ltd. And Baoji Konjac Chemcial Co., Ltd., NOW Foods among others. Companies in the konjac flour market are heavily investing in research and development activities to enhance the functional profile of konjac flour.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Konjac Flour Market Segments
- Konjac Flour Market Dynamics
- Konjac Flour Historical Actual Market Size, 2014 - 2016
- Konjac Flour Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Konjac Flour Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Konjac Flour Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Konjac Flour Technology
- Value Chain
- Konjac Flour Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for IQF Fruits and Vegetables Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Konjac Flour Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Konjac Flour Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Konjac Flour Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Konjac Flour Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Konjac Flour Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Konjac Flour Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)