This Non Gmo Verified Sports Drinks market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Non Gmo Verified Sports Drinks market.
While the demand for GMO food products is experiencing steady growth in the market, consumers are still uncertain about whether or not they are completely safe. Some consumers and scientists have been constantly criticising GMO-based products because of their identified health and environmental hazards. Owing to potential risks associated with GMO ingredients, an increasing number of consumers across the globe is shifting from GMOs to non-GMOs.
Functional foods account for one of the most prominent sectors of the food and beverages market, and their intake is especially recommended to complement healthy diet. GMO sports drinks contribute to a popular functional beverages industry but are often chastised by antagonists due to their high sugar content, most of the times artificial sweeteners, and genetically engineered ingredients.
Non-GMO sports drinks however do not contain GMO ingredients but organic fruits, unprocessed minerals, and high quality stevia. They hydrate sportsmen by replenishing their body fluids, instead of overpowering them with sugars and additional calories. These attributes make non-GMO sports drinks an emerging market area, currently thriving at a high pace.
FMI indicates strong chances of the market growth globally, in the near future.
The Non-GMO Project: Overview
The non-GMO verified label has gained discernible response from both manufactures and suppliers, in the recent past. As per the Non-GMO Project-2016, the GMO verified label technically indicates less than 0.9% GMOs in a product, making it a trusted one among consumers. The industry has already launched around 27,000 products with non-GMO verified labels, attracting hefty revenues to the global market.
Global Non-GMO Verified Sports Drinks Market: Key Drivers
Increasing awareness among people about potential hazards of GMO-based foods and beverages in terms of health and environment, is the key driver escalating the demand for non-GMO labelled products. GMO-based sports drinks are particularly being censured because of lowered nutritional value and lack of antibiotic resistance.
Moreover, GMO drinks contain corn-based artificial sweeteners in heavy amounts, posing a quest to their sugar content. FMI’s research depicts that GMO sports drinks also contain considerably high amounts of citric acid to complement their sweetness, which may lead to dental erosion if sportsmen consume such drinks multiple times a day.
A growing number of population was observed preferring organic food products after the reported health hazards of GMO foods in the recent past. However, both the cultivation price and market price of organic foods are relatively more expensive compared to conventional and GMO food products. This is playing a key role in increasing the demand for non-GMO products, in terms of safety and price.
Regional Outlook: Global Non-GMO Verified Sports Drinks
The non-GMO verified sports drinks market is analysed regionally by distinguishing into the seven key regions, including North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Middle East and Africa (MEA), and Japan.
The awareness about the health benefits of non-GMO verified sports drinks is the highest among the North American population, which is currently fuelling their demand in the market. The trend is anticipated to continue over the forecast period as well, bolstering the global market revenues. Moreover, the sports drinks market is well established in N. America, further contributing to the popularity of non-GMO drinks in the near future.
According to FMI’s research, Asia Pacific could grow into a highly lucrative market during the forecast period. Increasing consumption of sports drinks by sportsmen and casual consumers is the key reason, while relatively lesser penetration of non-GMO verified products in the market is another factor, which are collectively estimated to attract the highest growing opportunities to the APAC market.
Key Market Players
Some of the key players in the global market include GoodOnYa (U.S.), Golazo (U.S.), Rize (U.S.), Power On (U.S.), Accelerade (U.S.), Vega Sports (U.S.), and Ultima Replenisher (U.S).
While GoodOnYa has a long list of 100% non-GMO verified sports drinks and other products, Dark Dog Organic prefers all their products being USDA Certified for organic as well as non-GMO verified quality.
In 2015, Greater Than announced the approval of the non-GMO verified label for three of their low-calorie sports drinks flavours viz. Orange + Mango, Tropical Blend, and Pom + Berry. Recently in 2016, Gatorade, a popular brand among consumers, announced a non-GMO verified sports drink to be launched this year.
The Report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Non-GMO verified Sports Drinks Market Segments
- Non-GMO verified Sports Drinks Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013-2015 for Global Non-GMO verified Sports Drinks Market
- Non-GMO verified Sports Drinks Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Value Chain
- Non-GMO verified Sports Drinks Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition and Companies involved in Non-GMO verified Sports Drinks Market
- Global Non-GMO verified Sports Drinks Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Global Non-GMO verified Sports Drinks Market includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Non Gmo Verified Sports Drinks Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Non-GMO Verified Sports Drinks Market: Segmentation
FMI’s research on the global non-GMO verified sports drinks market offers a 10-year forecast, segmented the market on the basis of type, end-users, and ingredients.
On the basis of types, the market is segmented into
According to the end-users of non-GMO verified sports drinks, the market is segmented as
- casual sports drinks consumers
- recreational users
On the basis of ingredients , the market is segmented into
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Non Gmo Verified Sports Drinks Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Non Gmo Verified Sports Drinks Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Non Gmo Verified Sports Drinks Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Non Gmo Verified Sports Drinks Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)