This Alternatives For Injectable Diabetes Care market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Alternatives For Injectable Diabetes Care market.
Diabetes, also known as diabetes mellitus, is a group of metabolic disorders wherein there is an elevated level of blood sugar for prolonged period. In this disorder, the pancreas are not able to either produce insulin (glucose metabolizing hormone) or the body is not able to utilize the produced insulin (development of insulin resistance) to metabolize blood sugar. Diabetes is one of the biggest concerns globally and is estimated to affect more than 5% of the population in developed countries. Additionally, emerging economies with changing lifestyle increases the prevalence of diabetes. It is estimated that the number of people diagnosed with diabetes is increasing at the rate of 5% per annum. Thus, rapidly increasing prevalence of diabetes across the globe is one of the major factors driving the growth of the diabetes care market. Alternative to injection diabetes care products such as insulin pumps and artificial pancreas help patients to manage diabetes treatment efficiently, without the need for support from the doctors. Moreover, due to the better results associated with the use of these alternative to injection devices, there has been a growing awareness regarding the utilization of these devices among both physicians and patients.
Alternatives for Injectable Diabetes Care Market: Drivers and Restraints
The globally increasing number of diabetic patients is fuelling the demand for diabetes monitoring, diagnostic and insulin delivery devices and drugs, which would consequently drive growth of the global alternative for injectable diabetes care market during the forecast period. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), globally around 382 Mn people were suffering from diabetes as of 2013, and this number is anticipated to increase to 592 Mn by 2035 end. In addition, needle phobia and rising needles stick injuries are compelling the preference for alternative for diabetes injection devices. Also, increasing adoption of technologically advanced products such as artificial pancreas and insulin pumps are some factors anticipated to boost the growth of global alternatives for injectable diabetes care market within the forecast period of 2016-2026. However, high cost of technologically advanced products in comparison to injectable diabetes care products can be the restraint for alternative for the growth of injectable diabetes care market.
Alternatives for Injectable Diabetes Care Market: Overview
Increased efficiency with less side effects and ongoing researches on improving quality of diabetes care for continence is anticipated to create attractive growth opportunities for the global alternatives for injectable diabetes care market. Among the products, insulin pumps are expected to dominate the market in terms of value during the forecast period. The hospitals pharmacy distribution channels segment is expected to hold the highest market share in terms of revenue in the global market for alternative for injectable diabetes care products.
Alternatives for Injectable Diabetes Care Market: Regional Overview
Region wise, the global alternatives for injectable diabetes care market is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America dominated the global market for alternative for injectable diabetes care products in terms of value and volume due to a high adoption rate of advanced technological products. Western Europe, Japan and Asia Pacific excluding Japan is expected to propel demand for the global alternative for injectable diabetes care products at a rapid pace in forecast period from 2016 to 2026.
Alternatives for Injectable Diabetes Care Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in global alternatives for injectable diabetes care market include Animas Corporation, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Insulet Corporation, Medtronic plc, Valeritas, Inc. and others. Most of the providers of insulin pump products are adopting the strategy of providing these products through e-commerce, so that buyers can browse the products according to their needs.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Rest Of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, South Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Alternatives For Injectable Diabetes Care Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Alternatives for Injectable Diabetes Care Market: Segmentation
The global alternatives for injectable diabetes care market is classified on the basis of product type, distribution channel and geography.
Based on product type, the global alternatives for injectable diabetes care market is segmented into the following:
- Insulin Pumps
- Untethered insulin pumps
- Implantable insulin pump
- Tethered insulin pumps
- Artificial Pancreas
- Insulin Patches
Based on distribution channel, the global alternatives for injectable diabetes care market is segmented into the following:
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Sales
- Diabetes Clinics/ Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Alternatives For Injectable Diabetes Care Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Alternatives For Injectable Diabetes Care Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Alternatives For Injectable Diabetes Care Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Alternatives For Injectable Diabetes Care Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)