Sodium hypochlorite is used in nontoxic food preparation and production. Food grade sodium hypochlorite solutions sterilize food organizing machinery, food preparation surfaces, appliances and vessels of all types involved in preparing, manufacturing and transporting the foods. It is used to destroy germs that are associated with raw foods.
Inorganic salt of hypochlorite is known as sodium hypochlorite. It is man-made commercially in the presence of active electrodes by charging chlorine gas into dilute sodium hydroxide (NaOH) solution and the process is called Hooker process.
It is a highly corrosive, clear and unstable liquid with a pungent odor. The sodium hypochlorite market is estimated to increase suggestively due to swift growth in end-user productions such as water treatment, and agriculture. Asia Pacific food grade sodium hypochlorite market is anticipated to grow significantly, as the industries in the Asia Pacific region are amongst the major contributors to the GDP of the region. Food grade sodium hypochlorite market demand is projected to add fuel to the global demand for domestic use as well as for municipal water treatment use.
Growing Application of Food Grade Sodium Hypochlorite to Bolster the Market’s Growth Trajectory
Sodium hypochlorite is also used as a sterilizer in cleaner formulations, especially in equipment for food processing and restaurants. Sodium hypochlorite is basically used as a chlorinating agent and biocide biocide in municipal water treatment plants.
The food grade sodium hypochlorite market is driven by its demand in water treatment applications and surface cleaner formulations. However, ambiguity and hazardous nature of food grade sodium hypochlorite due to its solid reacting properties might impede the market growth.
Global Food Grade Sodium Hypochlorite: Key Players
Some of the market players include
- AGC group
- Sunbelt Chemical Corporations
- Orica Watercare and Shanghai Polymet Commodities Ltd.
- Odyssey Manufacturing Co.
- Solvay Chemicals, Inc.
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- BASF SE
- Olin Corporation
- Arkema Inc.
- Among many others.
Opportunities for Global Food Grade Sodium Hypochlorite Market Participants:
In terms of geography, North America is a major consumer for food grade sodium hypochlorite especially in the waste water treatment applications. Asia Pacific is the leading customer of food grade sodium hypochlorite riding on high sales of household bleaching products to its large population.
Key industrial economies including India, Japan, South Korea and China are the key consumers of food grade sodium hypochlorite for application in waste water treatment, and as a sterilizer in equipment of food processing. The most populated countries, India and China are growing rapidly and witnessing increasing disposable income and purchase power parity of the general population.
This is expected to fuel market growth of household products including use in water treatment, which in turn is expected to fuel demand for food grade sodium hypochlorite in the region. In Rest of the World, South Africa, Brazil and Argentina contribute to major demand for the market. Europe is expected to witness comparatively slower growth than other regions due to its stringent regulations.
The food grade sodium hypochlorite market report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions.
By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the food grade sodium hypochlorite market, including but not limited to: regional markets, end use, nature, and function.
The Report Covers Exhaustive Analysis on:
- Food grade sodium hypochlorite market segment
- Food grade sodium hypochlorite market dynamics
- Food grade sodium hypochlorite market size
- Food grade sodium hypochlorite supply and demand
- Current trends/issues/challenges pertaining to food grade sodium hypochlorite market
- Competition landscape and emerging market participants in food grade sodium hypochlorite market
- Technology related to production/processing of food grade sodium hypochlorite
- Value chain analysis of the food grade sodium hypochlorite market
Regional Analysis Includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, BENELUX, Poland, Russia, Nordic, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
The food grade sodium hypochlorite market report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analysing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the food grade sodium hypochlorite market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the Food Grade Sodium Hypochlorite Market Report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the food grade sodium hypochlorite market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the food grade sodium hypochlorite market
Global Food Grade Sodium Hypochlorite: Market Segmentation
On the basis of nature :
- Powder food grade sodium hypochlorite
- Liquid food grade sodium hypochlorite
On the basis of function :
- Odor removal
- Water disinfection
On the basis of end-use :
- Water treatment
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.