Food grade alginate also known as alginic acid, mainly derived from brown algae species. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in title 21 of CFR classified food grade alginate as a GRAS substance and lists its usage as a thickener, emulsifier, stabilizer, and gelling agent.
The European Commission (EC) registered food grade alginate and its salts (E400–E404) as a sanctioned food additive. Alginate is extensively used in food and beverage industry as a thickening agent or used to form films and membranes, and is widely used in dairy-based frozen products as a stabilizing agent. Sodium alginate is the most common salt of alginate.
Food grade alginate is widely consumed by food manufacturers as an ingredient owing to high preference to restructure foods such as meat or fish. The alginate market is estimated to increase suggestively due to swift growth in end-user productions such as to prevent moisture migration, and improving bake stability.
Asia Pacific food grade alginate market is anticipated to grow significantly, as the industries in this region are the significant producers and exporters of sodium alginate. Food grade alginate demand is projected to gain high traction in dairy-based food manufacturing in the region will positively impact the market growth in the short term forecast period.
Food Grade Alginate Witness a Lucrative Demand from the Food Industry:
The market is attributed to the widespread use of food grade alginate in food and beverage industry based products is witnessing an upsurge in demand owing to the fact that it is one of the most valuable food additive available in the market.
The factors facilitating the growth of the market is the growing application of alginate in the production of food grade alginate-based edible coatings and films for improving/maintaining quality and prolonging the shelf-life of seafood, fruits, meat, poultry, vegetables, and cheese by reducing dehydration, enhancing product appearance, controlling respiration and improving mechanical properties, etc.
The ever-increasing bakery and confectionery industry is the primary driver for the escalating demand for the food additives, producers utilize the thickening effect of the acid which, when dissolved in water, thickens the solution to form dressings and sauces.
The manufacturers of food grade alginate are witnessing increasing demand in food and beverage industry as emulsifiers is projected to have an optimistic impact in order to create alginate sub-micron beads for microencapsulation in food processing. Increasing number of governing approvals from associations like FDA and U.S Department of Agriculture regarding the use of food grade alginate in is expected to lift the demand for market over the forecast.
Global Food Grade Alginate: Key Players
Few industry participants include
- IRO Alginate Industry Co., Ltd.
- Ceamsa Algae
- SNAP Natural & Alginate Product Pvt. Ltd.
- Marine Biopolymers Limited (MBL)
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Ingredients Solutions, Inc
- Shandong Jiejing Group Corporation
The manufacturers are mostly involved in the production of food grade alginate and their byproducts for their utilization in various sectors. A large number of companies are primarily involved in mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures to enhance their product portfolio and attain a significant presence in the market.
Opportunities for Global Food Grade Alginate Market Participants:
In terms of volume, Asia Pacific accounts for the dominating share in the global food grade alginate market in 2019. The region is likely to experience the significant growth in the next few years. Thus, it is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific and North America are predicted to offer fast-growing markets for food grade alginate during the forecast period. Increasing demand for food additives from the food industry and rapid developments in the dairy-based product industry is projected to drive the demand for food grade alginate market in these regions.
The COVID-19 pandemic affected the global supply chain on a vast scale. The food grade alginate manufacturers spend a lot capital while procuring the ingredients. The factor restricting them a good purchase price is low production capacity.
The food grade alginate market report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the food grade alginate market, including but not limited to: regional markets, form, packaging, application.
The Report Covers Exhaustive Analysis on:
- Food grade alginate market segment
- Food grade alginate market dynamics
- Food grade alginate market size
- Food grade alginate supply and demand
- Current trends/issues/challenges pertaining to food grade alginate market
- Competition landscape and emerging market participants in food grade alginate market
- Technology related to production/processing of food grade alginate
- Value chain analysis of the food grade alginate market
Regional Analysis Includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, BENELUX, Poland, Russia, Nordic, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
The food grade alginate market report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analysing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the food grade alginate market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the Food Grade Alginate Market Report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the food grade alginate market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the food grade alginate market
Global Food Grade Alginate: Market Segmentation
On the basis of form :
- Liquid forms
On the basis of packaging :
- Paper Bags
- Fiber Drums
- FIBC Bulk
On the basis of application :
- Food & Beverage
- Feed Additives
- Others (such as industrial)
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.