CMOS Power Amplifier Market By Module Type (UMTS, LTE, CDMA 2000), Application (Smartphone, Feature Phone, Connected Tablet) & Region - Forecast to 2016 - 2026
CMOS Power Amplifier Market - Analysis, Outlook, Growth, Trends, Forecasts
- February 2017
- 187 pages
CMOS Power Amplifier Market Overview
[187 Pages Report] The global CMOS power amplifier market is expected to generate about US$ 5000 million in revenue by 2026, up from roughly US$ 1100 million in 2016.
During 2016-2026, revenue from the global CMOS power amplifier market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 16.3%.
Estimated market size of global CMOS power amplifier in 2016
US$ 1,100 Mn
Projected market size of global CMOS power amplifier by 2026
US$ 5,000 Mn
CAGR during 2016-2026
By 2026, the LTE segment of the global CMOS power amplifier market is expected to register an incremental dollar opportunity worth US$ 900 Mn.
Revenue from the CDMA 2000 segment is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 16.2% by 2026.
Global CMOS Power Amplifier Market Analysis and Forecast, by Module (2016-2026)
GSM/EDGE segment is expected to remain dominant in the global CMOS power amplifier market during the assessment period
- Future Market Insights forecasts that revenue from the GSM/EDGE segment in the global CMOS power amplifier market is expected to reach nearly US$ 1400 Mn by 2026 end, up from about US$ 325 Mn in 2016
- Revenue from the GSM/EDGE segment is expected to register a CAGR of 14.6% during the assessment period
- GSM/EDGE segment is projected to create incremental dollar opportunity of nearly US$ 1000 Mn between 2016 and 2026
Revenue from the LTE Segment is likely to Expand at a Relatively High CAGR During the Forecast Period
- Future Market Insights forecasts revenue from the LTE segment in the global CMOS power amplifier market to be valued at more than US$ 1000 Mn by 2026, from nearly US$ 200 Mn in 2016
- Revenue from the LTE segment is expected to register a CAGR of 20.2% during the assessment period
- The LTE segment is projected to create incremental dollar opportunity of more than US$ 900 Mn between 2016 and 2026
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
CDMA 2000 Segment is Anticipated to Create Significantly Higher Incremental Opportunity between 2016 and 2026
- Future Market Insights forecasts revenue from the CDMA 2000 segment in the global CMOS power amplifier market to be valued at nearly US$ 500 Mn by 2026 from about US$ 100 Mn in 2016
- Revenue from the CDMA 2000 segment is expected to register a CAGR of 16.2% during the assessment period
- The CDMA 2000 segment is projected to create incremental dollar opportunity of nearly US$ 400 Mn between 2016 and 2026
Adoption of LTE technology anticipated to fuel growth of the global CMOS power amplifier market in the near future With rapid development and adoption of 4G wireless communication, performance requirements have increased due to the rising need for increased bandwidth and quicker data speeds. CMOS power amplifier is recognised as a prominent solution to meet the need for low cost, low power and high capacity of 4G technology.
Moreover, several key players in the market are currently launching new CMOS power amplifiers that are compatible with LTE and advanced LTE technologies.
In October 2015, ACCO Semiconductor Inc. – a fabless semiconductors provider based in the U.S. – introduced CMOS Multi-mode, Multi-band Power Amplifier (MMPA) – designed to support quad-band GSM/EDGE and 12-band 3G/LTE smartphones and applications in the Internet of Things.
Benefits Offered by CMOS Technology are Immense
“Owing to recent advancements in CMOS technology, various beneficial features such as low power consumption, high yield, high integration of systems on chip (SoC) and efficient switched-mode amplifiers have been introduced. One of the major factors due to which CMOS is gaining rapid traction is its cost effectiveness as compared to other commonly used technologies for radio frequency (RF) front end circuits such as Gallium Arsenide (GaAs), BiCMOS and silicon bipolar.
CMOS technology is more cost-effective owing to it being a single-chip solution. Moreover, technological advancements have enabled CMOS RF circuits to deliver performance comparable to GaAs, BiCMOS and silicon bipolar technologies.” --- Analyst – ICT, Future Market Insights
- CDMA 2000
- Feature Phone
- Connected Tablet
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe