This Thionyl Chloride market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Thionyl Chloride market.
Thionyl chloride is a volatile colourless inorganic compound characterised by an acrid odour. Thionyl chloride is toxic in nature and reacts with water to produce toxic gases. It differs from sulfuryl chloride in that it is the source of chloride ions, whereas sulfuryl chloride is the source of chlorine ions. This compound has long shelf life. It is used as a chlorinating agent in organic synthesis and as a co-reactant in chlorosulphonations and sulphonations. It is also used in the preparation of carboxylic acid derivative, amides or ester, anhydrides, alkyl chlorides, fatty acid chlorides, etc. Moreover, thionyl chloride is used in the lithium thionyl chloride battery. Thionyl chloride acts as a cathode, whereas the lithium acts as anode in lithium thionyl chloride battery.
Based on applications, pharmaceutical industry is expected to dominate the global thionyl chloride market during the forecast period. However, pesticide industry is projected to witness significant growth in near future.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Increasing preference for thionyl chloride over other reagents such as phosphorus pentachloride is expected to drive the growth of the global thionyl chloride market. The by-products of thionyl chloride are in gaseous state and this tends to ease the purification process of the product. Thionyl chloride is used as a catalyst in the production of pesticides. The increasing demand for pesticides across the globe is further expected to fuel the demand for thionyl chloride during the forecast period. Thionyl chloride is also used in the manufacturing of viscose dye pigments, which is generally used in the dye industry. This is projected to escalate the demand for thionyl chloride during the forecast period.
One of the major factors restricting the growth of the thionyl chloride market is its high reactivity with water and air. This makes the storage of thionyl chloride difficult, which in turn is expected to restrain the growth of the thionyl chloride market in near future. Thionyl chloride is also a skin and respiratory irritant. The production of thionyl chloride is continuously monitored by CWC (Chemical Weapon Convention) due to its high potential to be used as a chemical weapon. Several stringent regulations are imposed for the limited usage of the thionyl chloride, owing to its toxic effects and this is further expected to hamper the growth of the global thionyl chloride market.
Thionyl Chloride Market: Segmentation
The global thionyl chloride market can be segmented on the basis of product type and applications. On the basis of grades, the global thionyl chloride market can be segmented into pharmaceuticals grade, and technical grade. On the basis of end use industry, the market can be segmented into pharmaceuticals industry, agrichemicals, dyes & pigments, and organic synthesis.
Thionyl Chloride Market: Regional Outlook
Based on regions, North America is expected to be the dominant region in the global thionyl chloride market. Asia Pacific is expected to be a promising revenue generating region of thionyl chloride and is projected to grow at a significant rate in near future. China is projected to be the prominent revenue generating country in Asia Pacific region in thionyl chloride market. Europe is expected to witness relatively slower growth during the forecast period. Latin America and Middle East & Africa are projected to witness moderate growth in the global thionyl chloride market during the forecast period.
Thionyl Chloride Market: Market Participants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, type of product and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Thionyl Chloride Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Some of the prominent players identified in the global thionyl chloride market are as mentioned below:
- Lanxess AG
- Transpek Industries Ltd.
- Angene International Limited
- CABB Group
- Aurora Fine Chemicals LLC
- Shandong Kaisheng New Materials Co. Ltd.
- Shandon Jinyimeng Group Co. Ltd.
- Jiangxi Selon Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Shandong Kaisheng New Materials Co. Ltd.
- Hubei Chuyuan Group Company
- Sigma Aldrich Co. LLC
- Hangzhou Trylead Chemical Technology
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Thionyl Chloride Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Thionyl Chloride Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Thionyl Chloride Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Thionyl Chloride Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.